First things first, ensure that you have all the details you will need in order to make changes to your website. You should receive user information from a PowerPro Live representative before starting.
These will be:
Follow these steps to edit the content on your website.
1. Go to your website.
- Click the Login link on the bottom of your website.
- Enter username.
- Click Login.
3. User Area.
- The User Menu now appears at the bottom of the website. You will be brought to this page automatically upon logging in to your website.
- This will be your area to edit content, create new articles and update your user preferences.
4. Click Add new item under the User Menu.
5. The content editor pops up on your screen.
- Title - Heading of your article
- Alias - URL of your article (leave blank, will be filled automatically)
- Category - The section/category of the website this article appears in
- Tags - Review with your PPL administrator. Default: Leave blank.
- Featured - Review with your PPL administrator. Default: No.
- Published - Yes to appear on website. No to remove from public view.
6. Copying text from another source.
- When copying and pasting text from another source or program (i.e. Microsoft Word), unwanted styling and formatting is brought with the text.
- To remove all this unwanted formatting, use the Paste as Plain Text function in our text editor (click the arrow next to the clipboard icon).
- Paste text into the popup window and click Insert.
7. Edit and format the text.
- Use the icons in the editor to help you format text. Use Bold, Italics or Underline to help emphasize words.
- Remember to keep your text styling consistent throughout the site.
8. When finished with this article, click Save to save your changes or Close to cancel the changes you've made. Then click the X to close the editor popup.
9. When done making changes, make sure to end your session by going back to the User page and logging out.