Advantages of SEO and SEM:
- Cost Effective: SEO does not demand Pay Per Click/visitors you get that means you can enjoy benefits of being on top without having to pay for this, includes long term benefits, needs low ongoing maintenance fees and is best for lower marketing budgets. Included in all PPL websites.
- Trust: The organic listings of SEO are a trusted source of information, supposed to be indexed and unbiased entirely by the programmed method of the search site.
- Long Lasting: SEO techniques take approximately 6-7 months to start seeing results. Results are long lasting.
- Fast Results: Search Engine Marketing is the combination of Pay Per Click and search engine optimization techniques, which makes it more appropriate for the marketers to get immediate results.
- Direct Access to Target Market: SEM offers complete access to the target customers and a prospect to scale campaigns and follow them assertively.
- More sales: The sponsored ads in SEM are known to drive more visitors to the site, which convert into more customers and higher sales, however demands higher investment.
Pay per click (PPC) is an Internet advertising model used on websites, where advertisers pay their host only when their ad is clicked. With search engines, advertisers typically bid on keyword phrases relevant to their target market. Among PPC providers, Google AdWords , Yahoo! Search Marketing, and Microsoft adCenter are the three largest network operators, and all three operate under a bid-based model.
Cost per click (CPC) is the sum paid by an advertiser to search engines publishers for a single click on their advertisement which directs one visitor to the advertiser's website.
Cost per click (CPC) varies depending on the search engine and the level of competition for a particular keyword.